With a unique combination of flavors in this recipe, dinner is sure to satisfy. My freezer is hardly ever without single servings of the dish my grandson calls 'pear chix.' We love it.—Sheila Berg, Lucas Valley, California
Recommended: 35 Easter Dinners That Aren’t a Big Hunk of Ham
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Drain pears, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set pears and juice aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag, combine flour and pepper. Add chicken in batches and shake to coat.
- In each of two large skillets, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Combine the onion, chutney, lemon juice, curry powder and reserved pear juice; pour into skillets. Bring to a boil. Add chicken and pears. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chutney Pear Chicken in Complete Freezer Cookbook bookazine 2012 2012, p85
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chutney Pear Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review