- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Drain pears, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set pears and juice aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag, combine flour and pepper. Add chicken in batches and shake to coat.
- In each of two large skillets, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Combine the onion, chutney, lemon juice, curry powder and reserved pear juice; pour into skillets. Bring to a boil. Add chicken and pears. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chutney Pear Chicken in Complete Freezer Cookbook bookazine 2012 2012, p85
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chutney Pear Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review