Chutney-Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons sherry or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the chutney, sherry or apple juice, mustard and curry powder.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- 3. Place chicken meaty side down over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 15-20 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with chutney mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 chicken breast half) equals 243 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Chutney-Glazed Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.