Chutney Chicken Spread
Here’s an exotic appetizer sure to cause a stir at your party. The Asian influenced spread boasts a creamy-crunchy texture.
20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons chutney
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (9-3/4 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Stir in
- the mayonnaise, onion, chutney, curry, garlic and pepper until
- blended. Fold in the chicken. Transfer to an ungreased 3-cup baking
- dish. Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until heated
- through. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons spread (calculated without crackers) equals 77 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.