Chutney Cheese Ball Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Crackers, bread cubes and apples slices
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Shape into a ball and roll in walnuts. Press parsley into ball; cover and chill until serving. Serve with crackers, bread cubes and apple slices. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 99 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chutney Cheese Ball
"Ummm!My notes: Unfortunately, I didn't have green onions ~ used onion powder instead. I think green onions would've been better. Also, I used Double Berry Pepper Jam (?) found on this website instead of chutney. Will try it with pecans next time. It was slightly sweet, but pretty for Christmas with the "red" t green."