Chutney Cheese Ball
This light party starter goes great with crackers, bread cubes or fruit. —Patricia Schneider, Rollinsford, New Hampshire
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Crackers, bread cubes and apples slices
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Shape into a
- ball and roll in walnuts. Press parsley into ball; cover and chill
- until serving. Serve with crackers, bread cubes and apple slices.
- Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 99 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.