This light party starter goes great with crackers, bread cubes or fruit. —Patricia Schneider, Rollinsford, New Hampshire
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Crackers, bread cubes and apples slices
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Shape into a ball and roll in walnuts. Press parsley into ball; cover and chill until serving. Serve with crackers, bread cubes and apple slices. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Chutney Cheese Ball in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p15
Reviews for Chutney Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2014
"Ummm!My notes: Unfortunately, I didn't have green onions ~ used onion powder instead. I think green onions would've been better. Also, I used Double Berry Pepper Jam (?) found on this website instead of chutney. Will try it with pecans next time. It was slightly sweet, but pretty for Christmas with the "red" t green."