Chutney-Bacon Cheese Ball Recipe
Your guests will love this tasty, ingredient-packed holiday cheese ball. Serve with crackers for a yummy appetizer.—Dena Gurley, Southaven, Mississippi
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:36 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (9 ounces) chutney
- 1 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cheeses. Shape into a ball; top with chutney. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. Sprinkle bacon and onions over cheese ball. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 124 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC