- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (9 ounces) chutney
- 1 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses. Shape into a ball; top with chutney. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. Sprinkle bacon and onions over cheese ball. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Chutney-Bacon Cheese Ball
"Chutney is so delicious. I love this cheeseball. I discovered the glories of cheese and chutney one day when I had unexpected guests, and not much food in the house. I had cream cheese and a jar of chutney, poured the chutney over it and we finished it off in minutes! But adding bacon, cheddar and green onions? It's over the top! I'm so glad I found this recipe! :)"
"I made this for a Christmas dinner party! My friends were literally scraping the bottom of the dish! Super easy and delicious! Yum!"
"Took it to a party last night. There was lots of food and dips to choose from...people ate more than half if this sizable cheese ball. I put the chutney in a ring around the bottom so people had the choice to take it or not. Also, any type of pepper jam would work, I think.Badkitty - It's ridiculous for you to give a 1-star rating when you have not even tried the recipe. Why don't you post some recipes rather than rate the photos?"
"badkitty...why would you give it one star if you didn't even make it or know what chutney was?? Sounds fabulous and I'm looking forward to trying it!"
"It is so good and it does "nt take a lot of time to make it!!!"