- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (9 ounces) chutney
- 1 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses. Shape into a ball; top with chutney. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. Sprinkle bacon and onions over cheese ball. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Chutney-Bacon Cheese Ball
Sort By :
Took it to a party last night. There was lots of food and dips to choose from...people ate more than half if this sizable cheese ball. I put the chutney in a ring around the bottom so people had the choice to take it or not. Also, any type of pepper jam would work, I think.
Badkitty - It's ridiculous for you to give a 1-star rating when you have not even tried the recipe. Why don't you post some recipes rather than rate the photos?
badkitty...why would you give it one star if you didn't even make it or know what chutney was?? Sounds fabulous and I'm looking forward to trying it!
It is so good and it does "nt take a lot of time to make it!!!
This recipe is especially good around this holiday time of year. Chutney is delicious with this cheese ball and I even dice it fine and put it into deviled eggs along with minced celery. Once you become familiar with good chutney you will find it so versatile. I always associate it with curried chicken condiments.
I love different chutneys and combining their uniques flavors with cheese balls is a great combination! Pick you own flavor. Badkitty, if you don't know what chutneys are, Google it. You can purchase chutney wet in a jar or dry. I've been making different cheeseball combinations for Christmas since I first read this recipe. They are always a hit and a nice change from the traditional cheeseball.