—Taste of Home Cooking School
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray counter or surface with cooking spray. Roll dough into a 26-in.
- long thin rope. Roll each rope in opposite directions 3 or 4 times.
- Pick up rope and pinch ends together; the churro will twist
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350°. Fry
- 2-3 at a time about 1 minute per side or until golden. Drain on
- paper towels.
- Place sugar and cinnamon in a large resealable plastic bag; shake
- well to mix. Place one warm churro at a time in the bag and shake
- until completely coated. Yield: 12 servings.