- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray counter or surface with cooking spray. Roll dough into a 26-in. long thin rope. Roll each rope in opposite directions 3 or 4 times. Pick up rope and pinch ends together; the churro will twist together.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350°. Fry 2-3 at a time about 1 minute per side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Place sugar and cinnamon in a large resealable plastic bag; shake well to mix. Place one warm churro at a time in the bag and shake until completely coated. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Churros in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Fall 2009, p76
Reviews for Churros
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2014
"Very easy to make and delicious-I especially like them when served warm."
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2012
"very satisfying for anyone with a sweet tooth and very easy to make!"