- 5 large egg yolks
- 2-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 package cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 slices French bread (1-1/4-inch thick)
- 1 can (13.4 ounces) dulce de leche, warmed, optional
- 2 tablespoons water, optional
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk, pudding mix, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt until blended. In another shallow bowl, whisk sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Place on griddle; toast 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Dip in cinnamon sugar. If desired, mix dulce de leche and water; drizzle over toast. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Churro French Toast in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2016, p51
Reviews for Churro French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2017
"Couldn't find Dulce du leche, but did find Eagle Brand Caramel Flavored Sweetened condensed milk. A little drizzle goes a long way."