- 5 large egg yolks
- 2-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 package cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 slices French bread (1-1/4-inch thick)
- 1 can (13.4 ounces) dulce de leche, warmed, optional
- 2 tablespoons water, optional
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk, pudding mix, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt until blended. In another shallow bowl, whisk sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Place on griddle; toast 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Dip in cinnamon sugar. If desired, mix dulce de leche and water; drizzle over toast. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Churro French Toast in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2016
Reviews for Churro French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review