Church Supper Spaghetti Recipe
Because this recipe feeds so many, I often take it to church dinners and potlucks. This colorful dish also comes in handy when we have lots of help to feed on our farm.—Verlyn Wilson, Wilkinson, Indiana
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add tomatoes, water and chili powder. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the corn, peas, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Stir in spaghetti.
- 2. Layer half of the mixture in a greased 4-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese; repeat layers.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 290 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Church Supper Spaghetti
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC