Church Supper Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add tomatoes, water and chili powder. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the corn, peas, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Stir in spaghetti.
- 2. Layer half of the mixture in a greased 4-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese; repeat layers.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 290 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Church Supper Spaghetti
"I really liked this. A good change from regular spaghetti. Don't be skimpy on the cheese or the salt and pepper,"
"Have made this a couple of times now to take to mercy meals at church. Got rave reviews and an empty pan!"
"I've made this many times. To make it more creamy in texture, I substitute a can of Campbells cheddar cheese soup for 1 cup of the cheese. This is one of the few ways I can get my husband to eat peas! :)"