Church Supper Sloppy Joes Recipe
My family loves these sloppy joes. I would make them back when I worked in a school lunchroom and heard nothing but compliments.
- 7 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 6 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Hamburger buns
- 1. In a several large skillets, cook the beef, onion and celery until beef is no longer pink; drain. Add the brown sugar, tomato sauce, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese; cook until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 50 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 125 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC