Church Supper Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 7 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 6 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Hamburger buns
- 1. In a several large skillets, cook the beef, onion and celery until beef is no longer pink; drain. Add the brown sugar, tomato sauce, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese; cook until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 50 servings.
1 each: 125 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0g fiber), 13g protein .
Reviews for Church Supper Sloppy Joes
"Great recipe. The solution to finding a 4-serving recipe is to look elsewhere if you you don't want to do the the math. There are tons at many sites."
"This sounds delicious, but I'll have to 'eye-ball' all of the ingredients in order to make less. The only thing which I'll do differently is to add in some finely diced green bell pepper. YUM!"
"I have made this recipe more than once. It's delicious and a large crowd pleaser."
"This sounds good but I can only use a serving for 4 at most. Seems a lot of trouble to figure out 4 servings instead of 50. Any solution???"