- 3 pounds russet potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well.
- In a bowl, mash potatoes and garlic with the cream cheese and butter. Add sour cream, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, garlic salt, onion salt and spinach. Stir just until mixed. Spread into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forChurch Supper Potatoes
"These are the best! My family and friends ask me to make these all the time. I wouldn't change a thing!"
"These were delicious! The only change I made was to add a little milk to make it a little softer texture to suit personal preference."