Church Supper Potatoes Recipe
Meet the Cook: As a pastor's wife, I cook for crowds often. This dish's always a hit. My own family - we have a daughter, 11, and a son, 10 - thinks the potatoes are a must with London broil or marinated grill chicken breasts. I frequently prepare them for guests, too. The recipe is very adaptable, and the results disappear. -Michelle Grigsby, Beavercreek, Ohio
- 3 pounds russet potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well.
- In a bowl, mash potatoes and garlic with the cream cheese and butter. Add sour cream, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, garlic salt, onion salt and spinach. Stir just until mixed. Spread into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Church Supper Potatoes in Country Woman January/February 1999, p31
Reviews for Church Supper Potatoes(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2012
These are the best! My family and friends ask me to make these all the time. I wouldn't change a thing!
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2012
These were delicious! The only change I made was to add a little milk to make it a little softer texture to suit personal preference.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >