- 21 pounds ground beef, browned and drained
- 9 cans (29 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 9 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 9 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 9 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) pork and beans
- 3 pounds onions, finely chopped
- 9 large green peppers, finely chopped
- 7-1/2 cups finely chopped celery with leaves
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 9 bay leaves
- Combine all of the ingredients in three large kettles; cover and cook over medium heat for 2-3 hours. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 100 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for Church Supper Chili
Sort By :
I made this recipe last week and really liked it. I did scale it down to serve 4-6. If I made it again, I would omit the pork and beans. I did not have kidney beans so used pinto beans. I also added about half of a 4 oz. can of chopped green chilies which I had left over from another recipe but you really couldn't taste them. I think next time I would add a whole can.Those are the only changes I made and we liked it very much. It was great on a chilly, rainy day.
I haven't made this ye3t but sounds YUMMO!!!!!!!!!!
I love this recipe! I plan on making it again and again. What I hate are people who are rude. If you do not like it, just say so and why. You can do this politely, too. This recipe is what I grew up on. Thank you for sharing this.
This recipe is excellent. Made it for all the guys at work, and a few others and ourselves and everyone loved it. Thanks GrillLove
Am I the ONLY one appalled that anyone would RIP APART another person's recipe for their OWN purpose and shove those changes back to the person who was good enough to offer it in the first place? If I don't like the concept of someone's recipe...I simply DON'T MAKE IT. I find this very rude! A small adjustment or recommendation is appropriate but to tear it apart and put it down there is just no reason for it.