Chunky Veggie Slaw
The classic coleslaw with cabbage gets a fresh approach when you add broccoli, cucumbers, snap peas and crunchy walnuts. — Nicholas King, Duluth, Minnesota
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 6 cups (1-1/2 pounds) fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 12 fresh sugar snap peas, halved
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl,
- whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and salt. Pour over
- salad; toss to coat. Top with walnuts and green onions. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 125 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.