This chunky soup is loaded with tender beef stew meat, carrots, potatoes and green beans—and it sure is tasty! A little steak sauce and garlic powder season the broth perfectly. —Jimmy Osmon of Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed (about 1 pound)
- 3 medium carrots, cubed
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh corn or frozen corn
- 1-3/4 cups frozen cut green beans
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat in oil until no longer pink; drain. Add the broth, water and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Add corn and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 9 servings (about 3-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Beefy Vegetable Soup in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p37
Reviews for Chunky Veggie Beef Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review