- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed (about 1 pound)
- 3 medium carrots, cubed
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh corn or frozen corn
- 1-3/4 cups frozen cut green beans
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat in oil until no longer pink; drain. Add the broth, water and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Add corn and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 9 servings (about 3-1/4 quarts).
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chunky Veggie Beef Soup
Sort By :
This is a delicious soup. I found it easy to prepare and both my husband and I declared it a keeper. Delicious on a chilly day. I omitted the nutmeg. We loved it.
My whole family loved this soup! My son won't touch vegetables, including the ones I put in it, but he ate two bowls tonight and is a very happy boy. Thank you!
My fiance and I both liked this soup. I think it could have used more broth and some more spices, but it was filled with healthy veggies. I'll definitely make this again.
Great tasting soup!!
absolutely worth the time in the kitchen. makes enough for next days lunch. Very satisfying. thanks for sharing.