Chunky Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute green pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is cooked, stirring occasionally. If thinner chili is desired, add additional water. Yield: 11 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (1 cup) equals 2 starch, 2 vegetable; also 191 calories, 616 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 38 gm carbohydrate, 7 gm protein, 2 gm fat.
Reviews for Chunky Vegetarian Chili
"super easy to put together for a quick meal and very delicious and hearty. Great for a cold winter day!!!"
"This is very delicious meatless chili. It is nice and thick, hearty and totally satisfying."