Chopped green onions, radishes and cucumber spark the taste of this thick dip for fresh veggies, breadsticks or crackers. "You can also use it as a salad dressing," recommends Emma Magielda of Amsterdam, New York.
Recommended: 52 Cheer-Worthy Tailgate Appetizers
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped radishes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cider or tarragon vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into a cup
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate. Serve in a pepper cup with vegetables for dipping. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Chunky Vegetable Dip in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p56
Reviews for Chunky Vegetable Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2011
"This is good with low-fat sour cream - I prefer rice vinegar - more mild.Note: When you scoop out the pepper, let drain on a paper towel; I find it keeps the dip from becoming watery."
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2009
"using reduced fat sour cream couls reduce the saturated fat content, which heart patients need to do."