Unlike many chilled soups, this one isn't pureed, so you'll find plenty of chunky vegetable bits in each spoonful. "The recipe is from a friend who serves this refreshing soup on hot summer days," notes Liz Fick of Litchville, North Dakota.
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) reduced-sodium V8 juice
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat zesty Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Summer Soup in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p12
Reviews for Chunky Vegetable Chilled Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review