Chunky Turkey Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1/3 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/3 cup sliced carrot
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1/2 cup cooked spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the broth, lima beans, potato, carrot, celery and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add turkey and pasta; cook until heated through. Stir in parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 242 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.