Chunky Turkey Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1/3 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/3 cup sliced carrot
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1/2 cup cooked spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the broth, lima beans, potato, carrot, celery and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add turkey and pasta; cook until heated through. Stir in parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 242 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Reviews for Chunky Turkey Vegetable Soup
"Absolutely deelicious!!! I didn't have any chicken broth, so use watered-down chicken soup. The best warm-up-on-a-frosty-morning soup ever!!!"