Chunky Turkey Vegetable Soup Recipe
It's been 25 years since I cut this recipe out of a newspaper, and I've made it countless times since then. We like it so well that I always boil the leftover turkey bones and freeze the broth with turkey meat in quart containers, so it's available whenever I want to make soup.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1/3 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/3 cup sliced carrot
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1/2 cup cooked spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, lima beans, potato, carrot, celery and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add turkey and pasta; cook until heated through. Stir in parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Turkey Vegetable Soup in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p66
Reviews for Chunky Turkey Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2011
Absolutely deelicious!!! I didn't have any chicken broth, so use watered-down chicken soup. The best warm-up-on-a-frosty-morning soup ever!!!