Chunky Turkey Chili Recipe
When I needed a hearty dish for a benefit cook-off at work, I decided on this recipe but substituted ground turkey for the beef. Everyone raved about the delicious flavor, and many people requested the recipe.—Judith Southcombe, Aurora, Colorado
- 5 pounds ground turkey
- 6 cups chopped celery
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 2 envelopes (1-3/4 ounces each) chili seasoning
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown turkey; drain. Add the celery, peppers and onions; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add the next four ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours. Add beans; heat through. Yield: 24 servings (6 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 234 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC