When I needed a hearty dish for a benefit cook-off at work, I decided on this recipe but substituted ground turkey for the beef. Everyone raved about the delicious flavor, and many people requested the recipe.—Judith Southcombe, Aurora, Colorado
- 5 pounds ground turkey
- 6 cups chopped celery
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 2 envelopes (1-3/4 ounces each) chili seasoning
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown turkey; drain. Add the celery, peppers and onions; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add the next four ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours. Add beans; heat through. Yield: 24 servings (6 quarts).
Originally published as Chunky Turkey Chili in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p54
Reviews for Chunky Turkey Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review