Our college-age daughter, two of her friends and a nephew ate a quart of this salsa with chips in one sitting. They loved it so much that they each took a quart home with them. So be sure to make lots! —Carol Carpenter, Jansen, Nebraska
- 3-1/2 cups peeled chopped tomatoes (about 4 large)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Stir in the tomato paste, vinegar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring frequently. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Chunky Tomato Salsa in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p28
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chunky Tomato Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review