Chunky Tomato Guacamole Recipe
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme, optional
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a small bowl, mash avocado until smooth. Stir in the tomato, red pepper, onions, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne and thyme if desired. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 1 cup.
1/4 cup (calculated without tortilla chips) equals 83 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.