"Every time we sit down and watch a football game, my husband expects a bowl of this to be on the coffee table," writes Glenda Ardoin from Hessmer, Louisiana. Chopped tomatoes and sweet red pepper add color and crunch to this guacamole.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme, optional
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, mash avocado until smooth. Stir in the tomato, red pepper, onions, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne and thyme if desired. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Chunky Tomato Guacamole in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Chunky Tomato Guacamole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 24, 2010
"Looooove it! I didn't have sweet red pepper in mine but loved it just as much. I would use less lemon juice though."