Chunky Taco Soup
I've gotten great response at our church dinners and senior groups whenever I bring this tick easy-to-fix soup. I usually take home an empty pot and often get requests for the recipe. The flavor seems to improve with leftovers...if there are any!
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin or round steak, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, brown beef and onion in oil. Add the
- pinto beans, tomatoes, water, black beans, corn, salad dressing mix
- and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 20-30 minutes or until the meat is tender. Sprinkle with
- cilantro. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).