Chunky Taco Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin or round steak, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, brown beef and onion in oil. Add the pinto beans, tomatoes, water, black beans, corn, salad dressing mix and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the meat is tender. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for Chunky Taco Soup
Sort By :
This is a great recipe! I have used an inexpensive chuck-roast cubed. Also, used two envelopes of taco seasoning. omitting the ranch. I did take the suggestion of adding an extra can of whole corn, great addition. This is a great chili recipe that tastes and smells like tacos. A hit with the teenage crowd!
A+ on this one!! We topped with cilantro,cheese and tortilla chips. Very satisfying and a wonderful flavor!!
Excellent, easy to make hearty soup, but not an inexpensive soup. I made the recipe first as written and have made the recipe several times adding a can of drained whole kernel corn and upping the meat to two pounds, cut in smaller size pieces. Lean coarse ground meat should work equally as well. I typically brown the meat and onion in a skillet then put all in a crock pot to serve hours later. As others have mentioned do not leave out the cilantro as it would definitely not be as good. We server with fresh flour tortillas.
Very good; don't leave out the cilantro.
I made this Excellent soup today. I used lean ground hamburger, andy my husband said "this is great, you can make this again." Indeed I will. Thanks for such a hardy, colorful healthy soup.