When your hungry clan requests, "Spaghetti, please!", you'll be happy to oblige with this simple savory sauce. It proves appetizingly that homemade spaghetti sauce doesn't have to simmer all day in order to be hearty and delicious.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 to 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Hot cooked pasta
- Brown sausage in a large saucepan; drain. Add green peppers, onion and garlic; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano and basil; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Serve over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Spaghetti Sauce in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1996, p7
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chunky Spaghetti Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review