Chunky Sirloin Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 pound beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, carrots, celery and onion in oil until beef is browned; drain. Add the broth, garlic, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add browning sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 184 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Chunky Sirloin Beef Stew
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.