- 1 pound beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, carrots, celery and onion in oil until beef is browned; drain. Add the broth, garlic, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add browning sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chunky Sirloin Beef Stew
Sort By :
"The beef was tender. It was a little heavy on the celery. Flavor was okay."
"I added cubed potatoes & topped with a herbed dumpling. The best stew I had made. Thanks"
"I added cubed potatoes & fresh mushrooms to mine. It was very good."
"oh mylanta I forgot (: I give this recipe 5 !!! stars" smilin ""
"I did add fresh mushrooms..for that added pow!! I also put a smidge of curry powder instead of the rosemary, and served over brown rice.. a keeper for sure " smilin""