Chunky Seafood Chowder Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pints half-and-half cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed New England clam chowder, undiluted
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add cream and canned chowder; bring to a boil. Stir in potatoes, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Stir in crab and heat through. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Chunky Seafood Chowder(7)
Sort By :
Easy and delicious. I used a small package of frozen shrimp instead of the crab. My picky 8 year old ate two bowls. Yum!
This is so easy and quick. Love it wil make alot this winter. Family and friends loved it
This is one of my all time favorite recipes! It's creamy and very easy to make!
I used to make this all the time, it's such a comfort food. So glad I recently re-discovered this creamy, filling chowder!