Chunky Seafood Chowder Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pints half-and-half cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed New England clam chowder, undiluted
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add cream and canned chowder; bring to a boil. Stir in potatoes, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Stir in crab and heat through. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Chunky Seafood Chowder
Sort By :
"I've prepared this chowder many time over the years and have loved it! One time, I had the idea to also add a drained small can of baby shrimp and a drained can of baby clams (I supposed you could used minced, however) just to "beef" up the seafood aspect of it. With a side salad and some warmed crusty bread it truly is a keeper!"
"Easy and delicious. I used a small package of frozen shrimp instead of the crab. My picky 8 year old ate two bowls. Yum!"
"This is so easy and quick. Love it wil make alot this winter. Family and friends loved it"
"This is one of my all time favorite recipes! It's creamy and very easy to make!"