- 5 pounds tomatoes
- 4 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 large sweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons salt
- Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds with water; bring to a boil. Score an “X” on the bottom of each tomato. Using a slotted spoon, place tomatoes, one at a time, in boiling water for 30-60 seconds. Remove tomatoes and immediately plunge in ice water. Discard peel; chop tomatoes.
- In a stockpot, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until desired thickness.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot 1-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 7 pints.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chunky Salsa
Sort By :
First time making salsa, little scared but this was so easy and my family love's it. They said it was a keeper!
I did add a half cup cilantro and another hot pepper.
This was vantastic! I did add a half cup chopped cilanto and another hot pepper.
spicy and really tasty