Chunky Roasted Tomatoes
Vine-ripened tomatoes roast up into a versatile sauce that's excellent over pasta, grilled chicken and fish or on toasted French bread for bruschetta. I often double or triple the recipe, and my husband still can't get enough.
3-4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut tomatoes into wedges; discard seeds. Place the tomatoes in a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with
- onion, garlic and seasonings; toss to coat. Spread in a single
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until heated
- through, stirring twice. Toss with pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 120 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.