Chunky Rhubarb Applesauce Recipe
- 1 pound rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 pounds tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Place rhubarb, apples and sugar to taste in a large saucepan. Cover and simmer until fruit is tender, about 40 minutes.
- 2. Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup: 58 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Chunky Rhubarb Applesauce
"This was so delicious! Hubby said it was the best applesauce ever. I used frozen rhubarb. Mine didn't come out nice and chunky like the picture, and I stopped cooking it after 30 minutes."