Chunky Rhubarb Applesauce Recipe
- 1 pound rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 pounds tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Place rhubarb, apples and sugar to taste in a large saucepan. Cover and simmer until fruit is tender, about 40 minutes.
- 2. Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 58 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Chunky Rhubarb Applesauce
"This was so delicious! Hubby said it was the best applesauce ever. I used frozen rhubarb. Mine didn't come out nice and chunky like the picture, and I stopped cooking it after 30 minutes."