- 1 pound rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 pounds tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place rhubarb, apples and sugar to taste in a large saucepan. Cover and simmer until fruit is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Chunky Rhubarb Applesauce
"really7 a good change of pace from regular apple sauce. i used it in a an applesauce cake recipe and it was so good"
"This was so delicious! Hubby said it was the best applesauce ever. I used frozen rhubarb. Mine didn't come out nice and chunky like the picture, and I stopped cooking it after 30 minutes."