Chunky Potato Soup Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, onion, carrot, celery and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender; lightly mash.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir into potato mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add parsley, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Chunky Potato Soup(4)
Sort By :
Used 2 cups of cheddar in place of the swiss and skipped the celery and carrots. It turned out great! Very hearty and simple to make. Everyone enjoyed it!
I made this for a family dinner and everyone liked it.
A friend of mine made this and it is awesome.....I am looking forward to making it tomorrow.......Its awesome.
I have made this soup many, many times. All of my family love it -- children, grandchildren and in-laws. It reminds me of my childhood.