Chunky Pepper Potato Soup Recipe
This is our favorite vegetable soup recipe. I got it from a friend and made some changes to make it lighter. It is quick, colorful and satisfying—and you would never know it's low-fat! —Denise Mayer, Modesto, California
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 cups 1% milk, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook onion until tender. Stir in the potatoes, peppers and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Stir in 2-1/2 cups milk. Combine cornstarch and remaining milk until smooth. Gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the salt, pepper and cayenne. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 158 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Chunky Pepper Potato Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC