Chunky Pepper Potato Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 cups 1% milk, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook onion until tender. Stir in the potatoes, peppers and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Stir in 2-1/2 cups milk. Combine cornstarch and remaining milk until smooth. Gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the salt, pepper and cayenne. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup equals 158 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 504 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Chunky Pepper Potato Soup
"I was excited I had everything I needed to make this recipe. It was so easy to make and it tasted great! This recipe is a keeper!"