Chunky Pecan Bars Recipe
Hazel Baldner of Austin, Minnesota says most folds can't eat just one of these rich gooey bars. "They taste just like chocolate pecan pie," she notes.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks and pecans. Pour over crust.
- 3. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 bar equals 133 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC