Chunky Pecan Bars Recipe
Hazel Baldner of Austin, Minnesota says most folds can't eat just one of these rich gooey bars. "They taste just like chocolate pecan pie," she notes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:48 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks and pecans. Pour over crust.
- 3. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 bar equals 133 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC