Chunky Pear Applesauce Recipe
Here's a quick way to dress up store-bought applesauce...and it is equally good served as a side dish or a light dessert. Chopped apples and pears add texture, while wine spices up the mixture a bit. The recipe is from Mary Eckles of Kirkwood, Missouri.
- 2 medium red pears, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 1 jar (23 ounces) unsweetened applesauce
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, combine pears, apple and wine or grape juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Place applesauce in a bowl; stir in pear mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 96 calories, 0 fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Chunky Pear Applesauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC