From Castle Rock, Colorado, Connie Colgan sent this yummy recipe. "It's my husband's favorite," she says, "but I hope your experts can lighten it up for me." See the recipe for Makeover Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies to see how we trimmed down these crunchy bites.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips, raisins, peanuts and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies in Light & Tasty
Reviews for Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review