Chunky Peanut Brittle Recipe
As a farm girl, I often made Christmas goodies with my mother for our family of eight candy-loving kids. Now, my own children and grandkids say the season wouldn't by the same without a tray filled with this chocolaty peanut brittle.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1-1/2 cups butter, divided
- 2 cups peanut butter chips, divided
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Butter the bottom and sides of a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 1-1/2 teaspoons of butter. Sprinkle with 1 cup peanut butter chips; set aside.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan, bring sugar, corn syrup, water and remaining butter to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until butter is melted. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-cracked stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in peanuts. Quickly pour onto prepared pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter chips. With a knife, gently swirl softened chips over top of brittle. Cool before breaking into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 pounds.
1 serving (1 ounce) equals 183 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chunky Peanut Brittle
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC