- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1-1/2 cups butter, divided
- 2 cups peanut butter chips, divided
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 1-1/2 teaspoons of butter. Sprinkle with 1 cup peanut butter chips; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring sugar, corn syrup, water and remaining butter to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until butter is melted. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-cracked stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in peanuts. Quickly pour onto prepared pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter chips. With a knife, gently swirl softened chips over top of brittle. Cool before breaking into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for Chunky Peanut Brittle
"I've been making this brittle for years. It's a Christmas family tradition to make. Absolutely love it."
"This is absolutely amazing. Tastes delicious and the texture is divine. Have made several times and will make again soon!! Have had many compliments!"
"This candy is seriously the best brittle I have ever made or tasted. It's definitely not figure friendly, but hey, what candy is! It isn't difficult to chew at all with all the chips in it."
"This is the third year I have made these. Foolproof, easy, and plenty of complements."
"I am not a big fan of normal peanut brittle, so I decided to try it out. It is MUCH easier to make than the other and very yummy!! This recipe was a hit at our party."