- 7 medium peaches (2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Cut a shallow “X” on the bottom of each peach. Using tongs, place peaches, a few at a time, in boiling water 30-60 seconds or just until skin at the “X” begins to loosen. Remove peaches and immediately drop into ice water. Pull off skins with tip of a knife; discard skins. Chop peaches.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine peaches, sugar and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Mash peaches. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add gelatin mixture; cook 1 minute longer, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool 10 minutes.
- Pour into jars. Refrigerate, covered, up to 3 weeks. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Chunky Peach Spread in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p11
Reviews for Chunky Peach Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2015
"Can this be frozen?"
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2015
"Hi Vonopen,We don't recommend deviating from the recipe directions for storage.You could risk not only quality, but safety.Sue StetzelOnline Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine"
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2015
"can this be canned and saved for several months? Sukie"
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2010
"Can this be frozen? I have not made it , yet. It sounds delicious"