Chunky Peach Spread Recipe
This fruity spread from field editor Rebecca Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah captures the taste of summer! Low in sugar, it's not overly sweet...and the fresh peach flavor really comes through. You'll want to try it on everything from bagels to waffles.
- 7 medium peaches (2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Cut a shallow “X” on the bottom of each peach. Using tongs, place peaches, a few at a time, in boiling water for 30-60 seconds or just until skin at the “X” begins to loosen. Remove peaches and immediately drop into ice water. Pull off skins with tip of a knife; discard skins. Chop peaches.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine peaches, sugar and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Mash peaches. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add gelatin mixture; cook 1 minute longer, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool 10 minutes.
- Pour into jars. Refrigerate, covered, up to 3 weeks. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Chunky Peach Spread in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p11
Reviews for Chunky Peach Spread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2010
Can this be frozen? I have not made it , yet. It sounds delicious