Chunky Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked bow tie pasta
- In a large skillet, cook beef and pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, vegetables, sugar, garlic and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with pasta. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Pasta Sauce in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p57
Reviews for Chunky Pasta Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review