Your kitchen will smell heavenly when it's time to dish up this hearty meal. With beef, pork and lots of veggies over pasta, this dish has it all. Add the extra 1/2 cup water if you want your sauce a bit thinner. -Christy Hinrichs of Parkville, Missouri
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked bow tie pasta
- In a large skillet, cook beef and pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, vegetables, sugar, garlic and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with pasta. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Pasta Sauce in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p57
Reviews for Chunky Pasta Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review