- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked bow tie pasta
- In a large skillet, cook beef and pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, vegetables, sugar, garlic and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with pasta. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChunky Pasta Sauce
"I thought this tasted okay but was not really like a sauce. It was basically meat, chunky veggies and a thin watery sauce. I used the extra 1/2 cup of water and that was a mistake. I would strongly recommend using just the 1/2 cup if at all."
"The is the second pasta sauce I have attempted to make from scratch. I thought it was very tasty. I will try it again."