Chunky Orange Marmalade Cookies Recipe
My mother had this recipe in her cookie collection and she and I began baking these when I was a young teen. There is no sugar among the ingredients, just the subtle taste of marmalade to add sweetness. It's a soft cookie with an interesting combination of orange and chocolate.
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, cream the shortening, egg yolk and marmalade until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 181 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC