- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream the shortening, egg yolk and marmalade until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chunky Orange Marmalade Cookies
Sort By :
"Good texture, overall tasted like a spice cookie. I'd cut the salt to 1/4 tsp bc it was overpowering. This cookie was lacking something. Without the chocolate chips it would have been inedible. Possibly some orange zest and a 1/4 cup sugar would have rounded out the flavor."
"These are so good. A quiet bite of flavors. My friends all wanted the recipe."