Chunky Orange Marmalade Cookies Recipe
My mother had this recipe in her cookie collection and she and I began baking these when I was a young teen. There is no sugar among the ingredients, just the subtle taste of marmalade to add sweetness. It's a soft cookie with an interesting combination of orange and chocolate.
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream the shortening, egg yolk and marmalade until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chunky Orange Marmalade Cookies in Reminisce Extra September 2006, p53
Reviews for Chunky Orange Marmalade Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2011
These are so good. A quiet bite of flavors. My friends all wanted the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >